Thursday 12 January 2012

Sweet beginnings

Hi

Happy Pongal

At last its a dream come true.... I am happy to have my very own Blog!!

Look forward to sharing with you recipes that I have learnt, developed , tried and tested from different parts of the country.


Cooking has always been my passion... and love to experiment with different recipes. At the outset I would like to express my sincere gratitude to all those who have  contributed some way or the other...

I have learnt from my mother.. basics of cooking, my father,,,potato masal and appalam vattal kuzhambu his signature dishes, tips from my loving sisters and brother, friends, relatives dabbawalas, chefs, samayal mamis vegetable sellers and train friends (co-travellers) too!!!

Some recipes I learnt by mere observation , others by asking questions , watching TV shows, reading magazines , even newspaper used in packing groceries (years ago) I wouldn't let go of it if it had a recipe in it.

Above all my very special appreciation to the three men in my life... My hubby dear and my two sons .. my greatest critics who have given me so much encouragement  and turned every dish into appreciation and sometimes a disaster into encouragement.....

My greatest reward  is to hear my family say that they long for Ghar ka khana .. Aathu Sapaadu .. now that they are grownup and stay away from home

No comments:

Post a Comment